A naturopath can help heal your illness by identifying its root cause and make use of safe and effective natural methods to treat it. Naturopathy aims to restore the physical, physiological and psychological well being of individuals using non-toxic methods.
A common misconception is that naturopathy only involves traditional methods of treatment. However, naturopathy is a combination of age old practices along with modern scientific ones.
Who is a Naturopath?
A naturopath is trained as a general practitioner who specializes in natural medicine. They make sure that they refer patients to other medical practitioners when required. They have to undergo a rigorous training in the form of a four year graduate program. They are given the basic knowledge for cardiology, pathology, neurology etc.
Besides the above mentioned medical curriculum, students also get training in subjects like natural medications, nutrition, botanic and homeopathy.
Treatment using natural medicine
Naturopathy is based on using holistic methods for treatment. These methods are safe and gentle yet effective as well. According to naturopaths
- The human body has the power to heal itself. A naturopath uses the correct methods to get rid of any obstacles which might prevent natural healing.
- All illness has a root cause. Naturopathy aims to look at the cause of the illness rather than the symptoms only. This is because any symptom is actually a manifestation of an underlying cause which needs to be found before administering any sort of medication.
- A safe and gentle method is then employed to treat the problem. The symptoms are treated using simple and natural methods.
- Naturopaths help their patients by providing them with the necessary care and attention. However, they also help educate them by providing them with counseling and helping them to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Patients are treated for their problems and educated on prevention as well.
- The naturopathic treatment is often based on the individual rather than the illness. Each person is different. What ails one might not affect the other. Therefore the focus during the treatment is the individual as a whole and not just his symptoms.
On the whole natural medicine is known as the art of healing. It just doesn’t mean that you would be provided with a medication or a natural supplement for treatment. It’s a great deal more. In order to understand exactly what the person is going through, a naturopath has to be patient and understanding. Naturopathy combines the psychological treatment along with physical treatment.
When visiting a naturopathic practitioner, you need to make sure that you have ample time for a long session. Unlike a medical office visit, a naturopathic visit might sometimes extend to about an hour. This is because the practitioner would take ample time to write down your history and ask the necessary questions which would help them devise a proper treatment plan for you.
Are you looking for naturopaths? Have you wondered if natural medication could help you overcome your troubles? Don’t worry, just visit Perth Naturopath for a consultation.